This past Advent, I took part in a bible study that walked the footsteps of Blessed Mother Mary here on earth. I found some things very powerful. I especially love when points of the Old Testament are woven and connected to items in the New Testament.
I want to share some of the things I learned about Mary being the New Testament’s Ark of the Covenant.
- The Ark of the Covenant was “Blessed…”
- Mary is called “Blessed”
- The ark traveled through the hill county of Judea.
- Mary traveled the same journey through the hill county of Judea to get to Elizabeth.
- The ark stopped and stayed at the house of Obed Edom for three months.
- Mary stayed at Elizabeth’s home for three months.
- The ark blessed Obed Edom’s home while it was there.
- Mary blessed Elizabeth while she stayed at her home.
- David proclaimed the Ark as Blessed.
- Elizabeth proclaimed Mary as Blessed.
- David leapt for joy when he went out to met the
- John leapt in Elizabeth’s womb when Mary approached.
- People would come near the Ark when they wanted to be close or pray to God.
- People drew near to Mary to become closer to Jesus/God.
- The Levites, the priestly tribe in the Old Testament using the Greek word, “Exclaimed…” six times while praising God.
- Elizabeth, in the Bibles says, “Exclaimed…” this the only time this Greek word is used in the New Testament.
- The Ark of the Covenant contained, Aaron’s staff, representing the high priest, a jar of manna, representing life giving food, and a cloud presents, representing God.
- Mary, the new Ark, carried Jesus the new high priest, the bread of life and God-man himself.